Monday, November 3, 2008

Finally!

On Friday Jarrett and I finally closed on our house. It has been the longest process in the world. We started working on buying this house in June, but quickly found out that we were dealing with a very dishonest guy.
We closed on it once in August. It needed a lot of work so we started frantically working on it to have it all done before the wedding. We got the master bedroom painted and the new carpet laid and Ryder's room painted. The day before the wedding we moved our bed in and a few clothes, then later that night we found out that the title company had screwed up and the guy owed more than we bought it for and he wasn't going to pay the difference.
We had no where else to go so we have been half way living there (we sleep there, but spend most of our time at my parents house). We had to go about buying it a different way. We have run into problem after problem, but on Friday it finally became ours (hopefully!). I'm still a little nervous that they are going to say there are more problems. I can't wait until it is all done and we have more furniture than our bed and a few lawn chairs and when we can watch something besides a DVD and I can cook, clean and do laundry at my own house! I can't wait!

2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Shayla, we are so happy for you! There's not a better feeling than buying your first house.

Marci said...

Yeah!!! I'm so glad you hopefully can finally move in!!! Post Halloween picts. of Ryder (He gets cuter every time I see him!!!)